Sunday, February 24, 2008

How Long is Your Leg Hair?

From what I understand, it wasn't until WWII that women began to shave their legs. Underarm hair started slightly before that when sleeveless dresses came along in the 20s or so and the fashion mavens at 'Harpers' deemed underarm hair horrifying. But hairy legs until the 1940s?

The only reason I'm pondering such a thing is because Rich has been gone for a month now, it's been cold here, and a few days ago I noticed that my leg hair has grown out. Add to that all the bruises from klutziness, my legs again look the way they did when I was ten years old. Which I find amusing. Rich suggested I add a pic to the blog, maybe updating for each week he is away, but my legs are so blindingly white that the pictures won't come out in enough detail to make it worthwhile. For now, I'll tell you that I measured and the hair is roughly a quarter inch long and very soft again.

In other news: my goals are coming along nicely. My weight is dropping again, down four pounds in the month of January. My exercise regime is picking back up and with the nicer weather I can start walking the dogs through the neighborhood, an activity they will appreciate as well. Also, as of Feb 15 there will no longer be any cause for me to complain about my housecleaning job because I resigned. YAY!!!! Back to the legal transcription I used to and at least that job I can do from HOME and it will allow me to schedule plenty of writing time, workouts, and still leave time for me to aggravate my boy. What could be better?

I hope the first month of the year went as well for all of you as it did for me. I'm missing Rich pretty bad right now, but since I know he misses us too, I can live with it.

Smile and be happy. Tomorrow might be worse than today!

No comments: